Position: PROGRAM COORDINATOR
Reports to: EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR
Summary: Under the direction and supervision of the Executive Director, the candidate will assist in the administration of various programs, events and special projects for the Saskatchewan Organization for Heritage Languages Inc. (SOHL).
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Send and receive all correspondence, forms and applications, including but not limited to:
membership, programs, and grants (maintaining all records);
o Administer Mini-Language Lessons Program province-wide on an annual basis;
o Administer Heritage Language Teaching Grant application and fund disbursement;
o Maintain annual membership database and regularly liaison with members;
o Administer programs as determined by the Executive Director;
- Work with various board committees as needed (both internal and external);
- Maintain SOHL’s financials through QuickBooks, monthly bank deposits, and records of all invoices;
- Liaise with Auditor as required;
- Organize special projects, and events, both permanent and temporary;
- Manage and maintain the SOHL website, and various social media accounts (Facebook,
- Assist with media relations and news releases;
- Write, design and edit Annual Report, press releases, newsletters, posters, brochures, etc.;
- Engage the public to build awareness of SOHL through outreach initiatives and at various
- Research, prepare and submit grant applications, as required;
- Provide various administrative duties (mail, telephone, filing, photocopying, etc.);
- Represent SOHL at events or meetings as required by the Executive Director;
- Other duties as assigned by the Executive Director.
Knowledge and Skills Required:
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills, both oral and written;
- Excellent organizational, administrative, and planning skills;
- Advanced computer skills (knowledge of QuickBooks would be a strong asset);
- Proficiency with social media accounts and communications;
- Understanding of the not-for-profit sector, as well as the multicultural and multilingual
- Ability to work well independently and as part of a team;
- Strong knowledge of the English language;
- Comfortable working with people from a wide variety of ethnic and professional backgrounds;
- Willingness to work occasional overtime hours (evenings and/or weekends);
- Occasional in-province travel;
- Valid driver’s license.
Education: Post-secondary education.
Hours: Full-time at 37.5 hours/week.
Salary: $18.00-$20.00 per hour depending on education and related experience.
Application Deadline: Monday, July 8, 2019
Start Date: Monday, July 29, 2019
Please email resume and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org